Monday, September 24, 2012

Life is full

My weekend started off right with a canceled babysitting job and time to iChat with my bestie, Abby. She had extreme ADHD and touched her straight hair a lot, we laughed at weird things in our lives, and I cried. Those are things that make our friendship work. She wrote me a letter last week and said, "I think that we're really good at being present in each others' lives." And it's true.

"Do I look like I'm in a circus?" Yes, Abby.
Friday night was the time for our family's spontaneous trip for the week. We skipped the week before so we're not off to a great start. But we ventured (walked) to the new TCBY! On our way to get some delicious fro-yo, we made a stop at King Sooper's to take our blood pressure...we have a lot of fun on Friday nights. Unfortunately, the blood pressure machine wasn't working. Fortunately, we saw some people we knew while we were taking those mirror pictures (none of which were very successful).









After that great family time, I headed over to one of the Young Life houses to join a movie night. I ended up hanging out with Amanda, Elle, Emily, and Mackenna instead. It was a great choice because we watched hilarious Youtube videos and dance partied! Amanda said the next time someone asks her what brings her the most joy, she will say dance parties. And I obviously agree. I have so missed camp dance parties in the last month and a half.

I went to the CSU football game on Saturday and, even though the team really struggled, it was a fun time to spend with some Young Life people. And we got to be on TV a couple times according to some of our friends watching at home! Famous.

After the game, I hung out with Zach, Nick, Mike, Kim, Morgan, Todd, and Jess at the You, Me and Apollo concert. If you haven't checked them out already, you should. That group of people is really a lot of fun and I love that some of them are old friends and some of them are new friends for me. Hanging out in Old Town always reminds me how cool Fort Collins is and how much I wish I hung out down there more often.


Team Flannel
Team North Face
Always photo-bombin'
 

Pretending to be engaged with my cool ring made of real flowers..
I spent Sunday afternoon napping in front of the Broncos game. That's probably one of my favorite things to do ever. And Matthew was there! Which rocked. We roughhoused, which I miss when he and Cathy aren't around. I love my sibs. I closed out the weekend with a worship night with Young Life leadership and more family time in the form of a mini birthday celebration for Matthew.

This cover is cool and I've been listening to it lots...

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...