Thursday, September 20, 2012

10 things that made this week beautiful


1. TCBY: Olivia and I made a spontaneous trip to TCBY on Monday and it was just what I needed (as always).
2. TCBY: Trust me, it's worth 2 separate entries. The TCBY that is 2 minutes from my house JUST OPENED!!! AHHH. So probs gonna go there everyday. Can't wait.



3. My mom bought me OVERALLS this week at a thrift store. She knows me so well.
4. I got to have some lovely time with Kim that included watching A Lot Like Love, eating popcorn and Ben & Jerry's, drinking blue Mountain Dew, and talking about life. Beautiful.
5. I went to King Sooper's last night at 12:30 AM to buy donuts and waffles for Wyldlife so I didn't forget. The greatest thing (or maybe the worst thing...I haven't decided) about going at that time was that the only people that saw my outfit were three employees. I was wearing the wideleg gaucho pants that I wore for the Camp T Disco party, my wolf tank, and a flannel. Not at all socially acceptable, but probably my favorite thing I've worn all month. I desperately want to start dressing in the most socially UNacceptable outfits possible.
6. Today I received letters from a couple awesome people in my life.
7. Errbody and their mom is getting engaged, which I have mixed feelings about, but Cathy showed me this hilarious blog that I like to laugh at: http://myfriendsaremarried.tumblr.com/. It's a little inappropriate and has some bad language so sorry 'bout it.
8. I'm feeling very blessed by my parents. Sometimes living at home is a challenge, but they couldn't be more supportive or better role models to me.
9. The weather has been BEAUTIFUL this week. I'm LOVING it.
10. Wyldlife tonight rocked. For real. We had Breakfast Club...dressed in pj's and played games with breakfast foods. It was so much fun and I really loved it. I feel like a real Young Life leader these days and it is so great.








 11. *BONUS* I read Psalm 13 the other day and it felt so perfect. Even in the middle of hard seasons, I can trust fully that the Lord is good.
How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever?
    How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
    and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
    How long will my enemy triumph over me?
Look on me and answer, Lord my God.
    Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death,
and my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,”
    and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
But I trust in your unfailing love;
    my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing the Lord’s praise,
    for he has been good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...