Sunday, September 2, 2012

Silly me

One time someone at camp told me that she hadn't been using an alarm clock all summer but she just prayed that God would wake her up each morning. And she discovered that His timing is perfect. Even on days when she felt like she overslept, she had the perfect amount of time to do what she needed to do.

Last night I set my alarm on my watch and, since I hadn't heard my alarm yesterday morning, I prayed as I set it that the Lord would wake me up. I felt kind of lame praying that and setting an alarm anyway, as if I didn't trust Him to do what I asked. This morning, I was already awake at the time my alarm was supposed to go off, but it didn't. Apparently I set the time but (like a fool) forgot to turn the alarm on. But I woke up anyway! The Lord answers prayers even when we think we have it figured out ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...