Sunday, September 9, 2012

Life to the full

I got to spend this weekend at Crooked Creek with lots of Young Life leaders, youth group leaders, and other cool people that love Jesus. I got to hear some good speakers and I got to spend time with some people that I love. It included lots of emotions, good conversations, and laughter, of course.

One thing that I heard that stuck with me was based on John 10:10..."The thief comes only to kill and steal and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it to the full." I have loved this verse for a long time, but now I am able to think about it a little differently. A full life or an abundant life is not just a happy, rainbows and butterflies life. The fullness includes joy and love for sure. But it also includes pain and sorrow. Because even those things are beautiful and purposeful. My desire is that I would be able to praise the Lord for all of it, the joy and the sorrow. I want to soak it all in and live my life and feel the sweet fullness of it.

I really like this quote that I just found and I think it relates to this idea of full life. I am so often looking forward to and dreaming of the future, or reminiscing on and feeling nostalgic for the past, so this is something that I want to become better at. 


p.s. On a totally and completely unrelated note, I have grown increasingly certain that my alter-ego is a gangsta.

1 comment:

  1. ellen I also pinned that thing from pintrest and wanted to write a blog with it! you beat me to it though. and I loved reading it. love you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...