Thursday, October 20, 2011

Disney...and the Blue Bomber


In one of my classes today, we watched part of a video about the bad influence of Disney. And I just thought it was stupid. I mean, they had valid points. But I love Disney. I am all about strong, independent, powerful women, believe me. But I also don't have a problem with traditional male/female roles. And I think there can be both...strong women that are pursued by men. I'm also involved in a Bible study with a bunch of girls and we are going through a a study around the book, Captivating. A few weeks ago, we talked about how God created men and women with different roles in mind. A woman's desire to be romanced and her desire to be heroic and irreplaceable comes from God. Feminists make us believe that these roles are terrible and make women weak, but I really do think they're part of God's design. Which is sweet!

In other, completely unrelated news, the Blue Bomber (aka our 1995 baby blue Ford Taurus) is probably done for. I got rear-ended a couple weeks ago and apparently the damage will cost more to repair than the car is worth. Super sad. I really had grown attached to the car that didn't have hubcaps and couldn't automatically pop the door to the gas tank. We had gotten the hang of accelerating to make the air switch to defrost and playing music loud enough to be heard over the air that only worked on HIGH. I will miss explaining its stupid quirks to my passengers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...