Monday, April 16, 2012

Right now...

...I want to do anything but finish the paper I'm supposed to be writing. So obviously, I'm going to blog instead!

So I was looking at my planner and some sticky notes around my room (I have to write everything down or I won't remember anything...I love sticky notes), and I noticed a pattern...
I'm constantly reminding myself to breathe. To calm down and not be so stressed, even when my to-do lists seem like they'll never end. So I decided to go to San Diego this weekend! Actually it wasn't spur of the moment, but that sounds so much cooler. But it was the perfect opportunity to breathe.
My favorite day was Thursday. We arrived at the airport and went to hang out at the park at Seaport Village. It was so cool to have just been there about a month before (slash I also felt ridiculously spoiled). But we got some In-n-Out, which was delicious. And then! We went to Coronado Island and got to ride bikes (more like pedal-carts...who knows what they're really called) around the island for a couple hours! Like, what? Unreal. It was one of the coolest experiences ever. Just perfect. And we spent the evening having dinner and a bonfire on the beach. Again, what???


 WHEEL FUN!










 

Then we got to stay at this sweet YMCA camp that was right on the beach and had really fun cabins painted all of these happy, bright colors. We got to have some time with Jesus and I sat on the beach, watching the waves come in. What better way to be reminded of God's power, constancy, beauty, and peace? And what better opportunity to really really breathe?

We also got to go to the San Diego Zoo, which is crazy cool. I took some pictures of the animals but my computer struggled to upload them to this post for some reason.



We spent the rest of the weekend at Oakbridge, a Young Life camp that's in the mountainsish about an hour away from San Diego. It rained all day Friday and Saturday but that was ok. We heard some great speakers and went to a couple leader seminars. My favorite part of being at Oakbridge was being crazy during club and then having some awesome worship time.

As I remember that I do indeed have a paper to finish, I am reminding myself again to breathe. Only just over three more weeks of school and then I'm home free! :)

1 comment:

  1. holy crap how are you almost done with school already??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...