Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Lucy

I met with Lucy for the last time today. For our practicum, we have to practice real social work skills, including "termination." That means we have to end our professional relationships with our clients. I have cycled through tons of emotions in the last couple weeks regarding the end of my time visiting  Lucy. Our time together today was really good and I was feeling fine about it being our last visit together. But I just finished writing my log about that visit and I am sad. I know it's an important part of the social work process, but it's hard for me. Relationships are so important to me so I have a hard time shrugging it off when they change. The time I've spent with Lucy has also made me realize that I really have a soft spot for the elderly. It has definitely made me consider working with that population in the future, though maybe not in a social work context. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...