Sunday, January 22, 2012

10 things I'm thankful for today...

1. Girl Scout cookies...I'm currently eating some Dulce de Leche ones...uh, yum!
2. Productivity. I actually did some homework today...almost a first for the semester.
3. Fun family. My mom's sibling were in town for Allen's 50th birthday this weekend, and they are all so awesome! It was fun to watch them interact and imagine how my siblings and I will be when we all have families (and live on our family compound). It's also so cool to be at home for these things.

Jackson's sagging pants were killing me.

4. Froyo. Yeah, I've had my fair share of desserts today.
5. Huevos Rancheros at The Egg & I. My joy revolves primarily around food. It's fine. But I got to enjoy this meal with Olivia, Abby, Abba, and Cam, and it was delightful.
6. Colorado. I'm constantly telling people my story about going away to school for a year and coming back home because I missed my home state. And usually no one questions that logic, because obviously Colorado rocks.
7. Jesus and his plan for me. I got placed on a team this weekend to lead Wyldlife at Kinard Middle School! I'm kind of terrified, but so excited.
8. Corny movies. Olivia and I saw Joyful Noise today...it was pretty terrible in terms of acting and script and such. But they had beautiful voices and sang Man in the Mirror and some other fun songs. It made me really want to buy the Michael Jackson dance game for the Wii...
9. Katie Bateman. Katie transferred to UNC and I'm so glad, because it means I get to see her more than once a semester! We just usually understand each other and I love that. 
10. Faraway friends. Thanks to Facebook and the rest of the internet, I get to keep in touch (even if it is sometimes rare and minimal) with people that live far away, like work crew friends, Whitworth friends, friends that are actually my family, and best friends that go to school out of state.

Bonus picture of Izzy and me...we're in love and I miss her!

1 comment:

  1. family compound....really Ellen???

    that's all I have to say.

    oh and that I'm so excited that we are both blogging again about our lives separately so that we can keep each other informed. LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...