Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Today was just the best day!

I woke up this morning [uh...it was actually noon. shh] to a wonderful text from Cathy. "It's national chocolate chip cookie day. Just sayin." Best.thing.ever. My first thought was that I should get cookies from Great Harvest because they are delicious. But then I realized I shouldn't let this opportunity to try out a new recipe get away from me. So I went to my "Food & Drank" board on Pinterest (obviously) and found this recipe that I had pinned. And the blogger wasn't lying...they are the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made, personally.
Cathy also made chocolate chip cookies today, of course. Except she improvised, which is way cooler than what I did...check out her orig recipe on her blog!

Mom and I went over to keep my grandmother Abby company and we made the cookies there. We looked at old photo albums while they baked and came across some real gems, including this one:
Look how good-looking my sibs were! Cathy agreed she should get bangs again and Martin said he's down to start wearing pastel sweater-vests over polo's again. Get pumped for the next McDermott family photo.

I picked Olivia up from school today and "Yeah!" by Usher came on the radio. We blasted that baby and made sure to throw in some quality rapping and great car-dance moves. Slash I did that by myself...Olivia was less than thrilled by my embarrassing performance.

My parents were out tonight so Olivia and I made dinner for ourselves. And it turned out really great, if I do say so myself. We made taco pie and strawberry jalapeƱo salsa. SO GREAT. Seriously, I would recommend trying these recipes.
 Crying as I chop onions...it's the worst. (But notice the sweet apron...homemade Christmas gifts from Mom are the best!)
 The potato shell/crust

 
 The finished product - delicious.
 
I also made these sour patch grapes...basically it's just washed grapes mixed with lime jello powder and frozen...so great. They really taste like candy. My mom said I should probably stop eating them so I don't get sick...I said, "YOLO." Just kidding, I didn't say that. 

Also, here are some random pictures from Mother's Day. We all got to pick out one fruit at the grocery store and we combined them for a freakin good fruit salad.



 Mom loved her photo book and the blog post that Cathy dedicated to her!

I forgot that I also made Cinnamon Honey Butter on Sunday! It is as good as it sounds. (I found all of these recipes on Pinterest...tell me it's not the greatest thing ever!)
 Pretty Mother's Day sunflowers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...