Saturday, June 16, 2012

Easy to breathe

At Young Life and Wyldlife camps, leaders have one-on-one's with each of the campers. I was super nervous to start those, feeling incredibly inadequate, but they went fine. When I was talking to one of the girls about a tough decision she had recently made, she told me she knew it was a good choice because "it was easy to breathe afterwards." I just smiled at her because that is literally the best description I've ever heard. It's how I felt when I decided to transfer schools. It's also a perfect description about how I feel about summer, especially this summer. Life is so good and it is just easy to breathe.

Wyldlife camp at Quaker Ridge was super fun...very challenging and patience-trying at times, but really good. I was in a cabin with ten 6th and 7th graders and they are crazy fun girls. I got to be my weird self all week and got to be part of another incredible community of people that love Jesus.


Our Kinard girls costume was Oompa Loompa's...so good.

 


The ropes course was boy-band themed...each platform was named for an awesome pop sensation/boy band...JB's Never Say Never, One Direction, Hanson's MmmBop, Backstreet Boys, NSync's Bye Bye Bye...I was in heaven. Also, I don't think the girls knew who the Backstreet Boys were, not to mention Hanson...tragic, really.

 Dinosaurs?

 





 Pain...
 Totally worth it.
Between camps I've gotten to spend a little quality time with the fam and some of my best friends from high school, including some pool time with OFlo. It has been glorious.





It's summertime and it's easy to breathe. Praise Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...