Monday, February 27, 2012

Today I'm grateful for...

1. My job. I'm a nanny or a "mother's helper" or something...I help this mom with her 4-year old daughter and her newborn twin boys (7 weeks old!). So, Abby and I play a lot of chase (she loves that game more than anyone I've ever known and she's freakin fast), color princess pictures, play with her sweet dollhouse (and take the dolls camping), and run errands. Today, we went to this fun store called Clothes Pony & Dandelion Toys. We weren't there to buy anything, we just played with all the fun toys there for about an hour and a half. Somedays I get to hold the precious babies that have already gotten so much bigger since they were born on January 8th. It is so fun to be a part of this other family a couple mornings a week...they are a blessing to me.

2. Energy. I am starting to fade now, even though there's homework that I have yet to do, but today was a good day for energy. We all have busy schedules and I feel like mine causes me to feel tired a lot of the time. But, for whatever reason, I had the perfect amount of energy today and I felt real good.

3. Exercise. I have been really really bad about working out over the past couple months. I was going to a class (Group Power, spinning, yoga, Zumba) only every once in awhile and I have only run about a mile since my half-marathon...yikes. But for Lent, I decided I would work out at least 4 times a week (not including chasing Abby around the basement). I accomplished that goal for the first week and I feel better already!

4. Community. I probably haven't done the best job of putting myself out there and making friends since I've been at CSU. One disadvantage to living at home is that I'm a little further from campus and not surrounded by college students, and I have been really lazy about making an effort to meet people. But last night we had Young Life Leadership and I was reminded about how many really great people are a part of that community. We also had a team meeting afterward (aka the 5 of us went to Waffle House at 11 pm and threw out skit ideas on the drive home). My team is really fun and we've already gotten much closer to each other.

5. Jesus. His presence in my life is so evident in the ways he takes care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...