Saturday, February 25, 2012

Carnival Sensation.

Welp. As I looked at my pictures from our cruise, I realized I totally failed at my picture-taking duty (because I was having TOO MUCH FUN). But I have a few and I took a few from Aunt Drew.

So we decided to go on this cruise on the Carnival Sensation because our lovely cousin Caitlin is a dancer on the ship! So cool. Her parents, Cam and Drew, and her sister Addy were going on the cruise last weekend, so we signed up to go with them. Cathy realized it would be her last weekend before she had to go back to school, so she decided to come, too! I had been counting down the days to our sunny, warm beach trip all semester.

We knew this trip would be a good one from the minute we stepped foot in the Denver airport. Right after my dad talked about trying his hardest to embarrass Oliva & I, he headed up on the escalator. We informed him that we didn't need to go up a level, so he ran (hobbled, tripped, whatever you want to call it) down several stairs of the up-escalator. While my mom, Olivia, and I died laughing, a guy that had overheard our previous conversation said, "You're embarrassing the kids already!"

Then, as the airplane (filled with TONS of children headed to Disney World) took off, the 3-year old girl in front of us yelled, "Bye-bye America!" Her mom informed her that we were only leaving Colorado, not America.

 Above is a pigeon with a peg leg outside of the Orlando airport. Cool. Below..."We're in Orlando, how do you feel????"



On the first night, we were not able to be at a table with Cam, Drew, Caitlin, and Addy for dinner. Instead, we got to eat with 5 wasted 50ish year-old ladies that were dressed in their most elegant formalwear (we were wearing the same clothes we'd traveled in that day). They were "from Florida, where the weather is this nice all the time, just sayin."They were also incredible rude and obnoxious and awkward, and managed to shock our family with their use of profanity. Ha. It was probably the most awkward and the longest TWO-HOUR meal I've ever experienced...not fun. But we got to laugh about it later and spent the rest of the night with the Kenyons and a few of Caitlin's friends. 
On Friday, before reaching the Bahamas, we got in a great round of golf. Olivia got a hole-in-one on this hole. I think I got 3 in the 9-hole course. Heyooo!
 We spent the afternoon on a beach in Nassau. It wasn't too crowded and the water was perfect.



We were able to eat the next two dinners with Cam and Drew's family and it was SO MUCH BETTER. It was so fun to hear all of Caitlin's stories about living on a cruise ship. What a crazy but awesome life!

 Obviously, dad danced with the waiters.
 The food is definitely one of the main attractions of cruises. Over the three days, I ate escargot, sushi, stuffed mushrooms, lobster, crab cakes, more sushi, seafood pasta, LOTS of soft-serve ice cream, multiple pieces of warm chocolate melting cake (aka warm chocolate cake batter with ice cream), and some other good stuff. If you know my family, you know how much joy food brings us. So it was awesome.

After dinner on Friday, Dad performed "Johnny B. Goode" in the karaoke show. Of course, he had lots of dance moves to go with it and we were actually crying because we were laughing so hard. We were kind of famous on the ship after his performance.

On Friday and Saturday, we got to watch Caitlin and the rest of the crew dance. They did 2 different shows and did one of them twice. We went to all three performances and, let me tell you, they are amazing! Awesome music, super cool/fun costumes, and they are all incredibly talented. I was sooo wishing that I had grown up dancing so I could be like them. Seriously. 
 Mother & daughter after Caitlin's first performance. 

Olivia and our cousin Addy ran around the ship all weekend and made a bunch of friends. There was a group of about 20 of them that hung out and went to the teen club until 2 in the morning every night. Crazies. We were really missing the boys this time around, but I was SOOO glad Cathy was with us because I would have been a real loner otherwise. Also, we had so much fun together. She brings out my sarcastic/sassy side, so we were laughing all weekend long. She also blogged about the trip, though neither of us took a ton of pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...