Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Embarrassing.

Ok, I am actually losing my mind. I've been struggling to get through this last week before Spring Break, but this story really makes me concerned for my health.

We had a 7:00 meeting at ChickFilA this morning and my plan was to get gas and pick up Greg to head over there. The last time I looked at my watch last night, it was 12:25 and it was at least several minutes later that I actually fell asleep. I couldn't remember my alarm going off, but I jumped out of bed, grabbed my phone, and tripped my way to turn on the light. I got dressed quickly because it was cold and I groggily brushed my teeth and pulled my hair into a bun. After grabbing my stuff, I headed out to my frosty car. I half scraped my windows but didn't run my defrost (partly because it sucks but also because I was sure I'd run out of gas if I did).

I turned onto the main road and glanced at the clock in my car. It said 1:44. I looked a little harder and shook my head, feeling super confused. Then I looked at my watch. 1:44. I slept less than an hour, woke up for no apparent reason, looked at my clock multiple times as I prepared for my day, and still didn't realize it was 1:30 in the morning. When I realized what had happened, in my half-conscious state, I figured I'd just go get gas anyway, since I was already halfway there. So I pulled into the dark gas station, grabbed my wallet, and unscrewed the fuel cap. I got my credit card out of my wallet and looked at the pay-screen. It said something to the effect of "All pumps closed." WHAT? What kind of a gas station closes their pumps before 2 in the morning?? So I got back in my car and headed home to sleep for 5 more hours.

Only about 53 more hours until Spring Break..

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...