Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I couldn't have said it better

After the tragedy in Connecticut, I thought about the random and fascinating fact that blogs with big followings seem to have some sort of unspoken responsibility to respond to these tragic and heartbreaking events. With my lack of writing experience and my following of a whopping 12, I feel exempt from and inadequate in meeting this expectation. Luckily, I follow some really awesome blogs. Kelle Hampton wrote a great post with some sweet quotes from other sources. It's a little long, but even if you can read the first few paragraphs, I think it would be well worth your time. I love her idea, and the idea she got from Brene Brown, that leaning into joy and allowing ourselves to feel joy fully will cultivate hope. "Fear will not win. Hate will never prevail."

One of the verses that I've felt especially stirred by and that has brought me hope this week is John 16:33. "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...