Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Joy

Today I got to go to lunch at Kinard. This is always a time of mixed feelings. I get super excited when I see kids that I know and they are happy to see me too. I'm able to laugh when I get rejected for a high five. I feel awkward when I'm walking around the cafeteria and I don't see anyone I know. Sometimes I feel discouraged when kids are hard to engage in conversation. But during the 6th grade lunch today, I felt joy. There was a whole table of girls that were asking questions about Wyldlife and then about Camp T and they were giving me their phone numbers to be included in WL texts. It was so encouraging.

This afternoon, Liv and I went to see Perks of Being a Wallflower. It was too weird for Olivia and I didn't love the whole thing, but I feared a bad ending and it was actually good. So I liked it.

Tonight Olivia and I went to TCBY for Waffle Cone Wednesday. All you can fit in a waffle cone for $2.99. It seriously is the best ever. And then I got to Skype with Jess, one of my very best friends from camp. It was such a blessing to see her and talk to her and it made me miss her even more. She's beautiful and great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...