Sunday, June 19, 2011

Growing Up

I spent the evening playing family bocce ball and eating pizza with people that I love. On the drive home, I told my parents I'm glad we're all growing up.

This is a subject I've always had mixed feelings about. I'm so excited for what the future holds and I probably spend way too many hours thinking about getting married and having kids (and building a family compound...), but at the same time, I mourn the loss of childhood things (mostly recess).

But life goes on and we are growing up. Soon I will have two brothers who are married and have adult jobs. Everyone is going to college and grad school, and the next few years will probably bring weddings out the wazoo. And even though it all seems sort of scary and daunting, it is so exciting! As we grow older, we are definitely growing closer. The last year has brought me much closer to Matthew and Cathy, especially, and the last few weeks have already brought about a better friendship with my cousin, Hannah. Oh, how our prayers are answered!

Tomorrow is Father's Day and we will be celebrating with a few dads, including Abba. Abby and Abba have been the best examples for us all and I love to see their joy as they watch their family grow bigger (and bigger...and bigger).

Growing up is fun and God's blessings are abundant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...