Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pre-Christmas Hibernation

I think my brain has almost completely shut down. Even though finals are next week and everyone else is spending this week stressing and studying, I have spent the majority of my time watching episodes of Friends online. Because it's so good! And because I just don't have a lot of motivation...I'm sure I'll study a little, but not today. The lack in motivation to study has carried over to my blog, but I'm back! And I'm finally writing about my weekend. 

Olivia joined us for cooking class on Friday, which was great! We cooked at the Dwivedi's house because Rita was home and she wanted to help us make Indian food! We made Chana Masala and Puri (Indian bread). Saag Paneer was also on the menu, but the homemade vegan cheese was a bit of a struggle. We'll get 'em next time. Rita is hilarious. And she's an amazing cook, but Kritika asked that she stand back and let us learn to make the meal. This was clearly painful for Rita, so she did step in at the end to show us how the Puri was done. 

 Stuck in traffic...but Denver is cool!

 Beautiful Indian spices!
 Rolling Puri dough
The dough after the tortilla press

 Vicki caught on quickly

 Chana Masala
After dinner, Rita brought down a couple saris for Alex to try on (because Alex wishes she were Indian and because Rita really loves her). They were so beautiful! I tried to pay attention to how she wrapped it, because I have a feeling that's all Alex will want to wear from now on. Rita ended up giving her a sari to keep and I think it was one of the happiest days of her life.  It was so fun to be at Rita and Kritika's house...they are both so loving and fun!

 Happy Alex!


On Sunday, we watched the 2nd half of the Broncos game as a family. Dad put on his retro Broncos sweater and they started to play better. Here's a gem that I captured during his celebration:
That night, I went to the Young Life Christmas party, and you'll never guess what I won in the White Elephant gift exchange. The latest and greatest Christmas album...yes, that's right, by Justin Bieber himself. Obviously, I was pretty happy (and I'll let you borrow it if you want).

1 comment:

  1. dibs on borrowing the cd. bring it to the AZ.

    (i just rhymed..kinda)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...